About this course
Colorectal cancer is a relatively common cancer that is highly curable if diagnosed early. Regular screening is key to the prevention of colorectal cancer. Primary care specialists are an important ally in ensuring that at-risk patients undergo regular screening tests and are referred early for specialist care when needed. This e-learning module provides a brief overview of colorectal cancer, outlines its contributing risk factors, discusses screening guidelines, and reviews management options.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- To review the staging of colorectal cancer
- To understand the risk factors of colorectal cancer and how to mitigate modifiable risk factors
- To review the screening guidelines for colorectal cancer and the role of the primary care physician in initiating and monitoring screening of patients at the appropriate time.
- To learn about the treatment options for colorectal cancer and the role of the primary care physician in its management
Keywords: Colorectal cancer, colorectal surgery, risk factors, treatment options
- Introduction to colorectal cancer
- AJCC staging
- Risk factors
- Treatment approach
1 CME Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.
In collaboration with: