About this course
Patient blood management (PBM) is a patient-centered, systematic, evidence-based approach to improve patient outcomes by managing and preserving the patient’s own blood, while promoting patient safety and empowerment. It is governed by three pillars that can guide a physician in the management of their patient. This e-learning module summarizes the benefits of PBM and its clinical applications.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Define patient blood management
- Describe how patient blood management can optimize patient outcomes
- Understand the importance and benefits of patient blood management
- Gain insight into the principles of patient blood management and how it can be applied to one’s clinical practice
Keywords: patient blood management, pillars of PBM, optimizing patient outcomes
- Definition of PBM
- Background and evolution of PBM
- The 3 pillars of PBM
- Application and benefits of PBM
- Future direction of PBM
1 CME Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.
In collaboration with: